Security News > 2024 > February > Data breach at French healthcare services firm puts millions at risk
French healthcare services firm Viamedis suffered a cyberattack that exposed the data of policyholders and healthcare professionals in the country.
Though the company's website remains offline at the time of writing, an announcement was posted on LinkedIn warning of the data breach.
One of the organizations working with Viamedis, Malakoff Humanis, has posted a notice on its website confirming the indirect impact of the Viamedis data breach.
The company is also sending data breach notifications to impacted customers to inform them of the cyberattack and disruption of services.
Data breach at healthcare tech firm impacts 4.5 million patients.
Healthcare software provider data breach impacts 2.7 million.
- Data breach at healthcare tech firm impacts 4.5 million patients (source)
- Kroll reveals FTX customer info exposed in August data breach (source)
- EasyPark discloses data breach that may impact millions of users (source)
- Infosec experts divided over 23andMe's 'victim-blaming' stance on data breach (source)
- Framework discloses data breach after accountant gets phished (source)
- loanDepot cyberattack causes data breach for 16.6 million people (source)
- Australia sanctions REvil hacker behind Medibank data breach (source)
- US, UK, Australia sanction REvil hacker behind Medibank data breach (source)
- 23andMe data breach: Hackers stole raw genotype data, health reports (source)
- Keenan warns 1.5 million people of data breach after summer cyberattack (source)