CVE-2017-11482 - Open Redirect vulnerability in Elasticsearch Kibana
The Kibana fix for CVE-2017-8451 was found to be incomplete. With X-Pack installed, Kibana versions before 6.0.1 and 5.6.5 have an open redirect vulnerability on the login page that would enable an attacker to craft a link that redirects to an arbitrary website.
- Elasticsearch Kibana 5.6.0
- Elasticsearch Kibana 5.6.1
- Elasticsearch Kibana 5.6.2
- Elasticsearch Kibana 5.6.3
- Elasticsearch Kibana 5.6.4
Common Weakness Enumeration (CWE)CWE-601 - Open Redirect
Common Attack Pattern Enumeration and Classification (CAPEC)
- Fake the Source of Data An adversary provides data under a falsified identity. The purpose of using the falsified identity may be to prevent traceability of the provided data or it might be an attempt by the adversary to assume the rights granted to another identity. One of the simplest forms of this attack would be the creation of an email message with a modified "From" field in order to appear that the message was sent from someone other than the actual sender. Results of the attack vary depending on the details of the attack, but common results include privilege escalation, obfuscation of other attacks, and data corruption/manipulation.