Security News > 2023 > September > Google Reveals Combined SIEM and SOAR Update for Chronicle Security Operations Platform
Google Reveals Combined SIEM and SOAR Update for Chronicle Security Operations Platform Users of the SecOps platform can preview Duet AI's natural language questions and summarization capabilities.
Google Cloud announced today that an updated version of its Chronicle Security Operations platform is available in preview.
The update unifies security information and event management and security orchestration, automation and response, plus adds an Applied Threat Intelligence tool.
Google has combined SIEM and SOAR in Chronicle Security Operations to help security operations teams parse the massive amounts of data they receive.
It pulls threat intelligence from Google Cloud, Mandiant and VirusTotal, then applies that threat intelligence to the events listed in Chronicle Security Operations to enrich and contextualize each event.
Figure A. "Duet AI in Chronicle instantly turns natural language queries into complex searches, which helps people new to security ramp up faster and makes experts even more productive," Eric Doerr, vice president of engineering, cloud security at Google Cloud, told TechRepublic in an email.
- Enhancing Security Operations Using Wazuh: Open Source XDR and SIEM (source)
- Google unveils stronger cellular security for Android 14 (source)
- Google to fight hackers with weekly Chrome security updates (source)
- Enhancing TLS Security: Google Adds Quantum-Resistant Encryption in Chrome 116 (source)
- Google Introduces First Quantum Resilient FIDO2 Security Key Implementation (source)
- Guide: How Google Workspace-based Organizations can leverage Chrome to improve Security (source)
- Google Workspace: New account security, DLP capabilities announced (source)
- Google Applies Generative AI Tools to Cloud Security (source)
- Google: State hackers attack security researchers with new zero-day (source)
- Google extends security update support for Chromebooks to 10 years (source)