Security News > 2023 > March > Week in review: Kali Linux gets Purple, Microsoft zero-days get patched
CISA warns CI operators about vulnerabilities on their networks exploited by ransomware gangsOrganizations in critical infrastructure sectors whose information systems contain security vulnerabilities associated with ransomware attacks are being notified by the US Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency and urged to implement a fix.
Kali Linux 2023.1 released - and so is Kali Purple!OffSec has released Kali Linux 2023.1, the latest version of its popular penetration testing and digital forensics platform, and the release is accompanied by a big surprise: a technical preview of Kali Purple, a "One stop shop for blue and purple teams." The company has also updated its Penetration Testing with Kali Linux course to incorporate the latest ethical hacking tools and techniques.
SVB account holders targeted with phishing, scamsAfter news broke late last week about Silicon Valley Bank's bank run and collapse, security researchers started warning SVB account holders about incoming SVB-related scams and phishing attempts.
The rise of AI threats: Is your business prepared to face ChatGPT?In this Help Net Security video, Rodman Ramezanian, Global Cloud Threat Lead at Skyhigh Security, discusses how ChatGPT can strengthen business defenses.
TSA issues additional cybersecurity rules for the aviation sectorThe Transportation Security Administration issued a new cybersecurity amendment to the security programs of certain TSA-regulated operators in the aviation sector, following similar measures announced in October 2022 for passenger and freight railroad carriers.
How healthcare CISOs can automate cloud security controlsIn the case of treating infrastructure as code, native and third-party cloud management platforms enable users to templatize security configuration for infrastructure and store those templates for easy use every time a new environment needs to be stood up.
- Microsoft Defender can now isolate compromised Linux endpoints (source)
- Microsoft upgrades Defender to lock down Linux gear for its own good (source)
- Microsoft February 2023 Patch Tuesday fixes 3 exploited zero-days, 77 flaws (source)
- Microsoft patches three exploited zero-days (CVE-2023-21715, CVE-2023-23376, CVE-2023-21823) (source)
- Microsoft Patch Tuesday: 36 RCE bugs, 3 zero-days, 75 CVEs (source)
- Week in review: Microsoft, Apple patch exploited zero-days, tips for getting hired in cybersecurity (source)
- Kali Linux 2023.1 released – and so is Kali Purple! (source)
- Kali Linux 2023.1 introduces 'Purple' distro for defensive security (source)
- Microsoft March 2023 Patch Tuesday fixes 2 zero-days, 83 flaws (source)
- Microsoft fixes Windows zero-day exploited in ransomware attacks (source)